My photo
A very warm welcome to my teeny, tiny part of the huge world of blogging. This is where I share my passion for making hand made greeting cards. So - why "Always with a Heart"? Well this is for two reasons. Firstly, it is because every card I produce carries a heart on it somewhere. This can be big and bold or small and almost hidden - the fun sometimes is just trying to find it! Secondly it is because I put my heart into everything I produce. I hope that any visitors enjoy seeing what I post. If you drop by then please leave me a comment so that I know you called. It would be nice to know that you have found my heart in what I do.

Monday 20 July 2015

HAPPY MONDAY!

Hi Everyone

I hope your week has got off to a good start.

I love Monday's with the great feeling of having a whole week spreading ahead of me.

Time to share with you my favourite makes from the commissions I did for this month's Quick Cards Made Easy Magazine which should be in the shops this week.

My first commission asked me to be inspired by patchwork quilts and this was my favourite (I feel sure everyone will find the heart on this one LOL!!)
  

The second commission was to use distress inks in lots of different ways .. .. and the following card involved a bit of  paintbrush work and adding ink through a stencil (more easy hearts LOL!!).


When my magazine arrived I saw a brilliant project inside that was created by fellow magazine designer Vicky Sheridan which I really want to try and have a go at myself when time allows.  

Vicky made a gorgeous ribbon tidy and all the instructions are in the magazine to make your own.  I don't have a picture of it to post, but if you click the link here it will take you to the magazine's Facebook page and you can see it in the header and the body of the page and it is also showing on the magazine link at the start of my post, you just need to turn the pages of the magazine a few times.

How fabby is that?  I could make one (or possibly two) for my most frequently used ribbons and that would definitely keep them super tidy.

Anyway, that is me, nearly time to give in for the day and close the door on the old craft pod for another day :-(

Enjoy your evening.

Love 

12 comments:

Lynsey said...

Hi Jules, these are gorgeous cards!
Hugs Lynsey x

Sarah said...

I loved these examples Jules, particularly the patchwork beauties, a great way of using up scraps I thought. I am going to have a go at the ribbon tidy too although I may need several ( hundred ) to accommodate my ribbon mountain !! xx

Carole Z said...

Two lovely cards Jules, love the colours! Lol I don't like Mondays much...back to work!! Hugs Carole Z X

Anneke said...

dear Jules
here i am again and i apologize for being not much at blogger.
i am very busy for the outside markets which i have in summertime and for the craftmagazines and vintage blog.
anyway i thought of you and took a peek at all your latest cards.
i like them all, and each one of them have an original and beautiful design.
sending you hugs and a wonderful summertime.
Anneke

cotnob said...

Fabulous cards Jules, love the gorgeous colours on the first one and great technique.
Pauline
x

Crafting Queen said...

Two great cards, love the first one.

Brenda said...

Wow, both of your cards are just beautiful Jules! I love the quilt one, so fun with the openings of the quilt pattern, love all the sweet hearts and the color combo is beautiful! Your second card is equally amazing, love the brush strokes of ink and the stenciled ink! The Mr & Mrs is so cute and of course there are those hearts again, love them! What a fabulous ribbon organizer!! I love it and think that you should make yourself a few of them for your favorite ribbons. Hugs, Brenda

Vicky said...

Hey Jules! So glad you liked my ribbon tidy, and thanks so much for the mention. Hope all okay with you.

Love Vicky :) xx

cuilliesocks said...

Hello Jules two gorgeous cards, lovely colours and designs, hugs Kate x

Lynn said...

Two great cards Jules - but the patchwork quilt one definitely says WOW!
Lynn x

XxJULESxX said...

wow Jules stunning cards!! the patchwork is my fav!

Carole said...

very artistic xx