My photo
A very warm welcome to my teeny, tiny part of the huge world of blogging. This is where I share my passion for making hand made greeting cards. So - why "Always with a Heart"? Well this is for two reasons. Firstly, it is because every card I produce carries a heart on it somewhere. This can be big and bold or small and almost hidden - the fun sometimes is just trying to find it! Secondly it is because I put my heart into everything I produce. I hope that any visitors enjoy seeing what I post. If you drop by then please leave me a comment so that I know you called. It would be nice to know that you have found my heart in what I do.

Friday 23 May 2014

ON GUARD

Hi Everyone

Sorry for my "no show" yesterday.

The day just ran away with me .. .. similar to the whole week really .. .. or even the whole year come to that. Can you believe we are nearly half way through 2014 already!!!  How scary is that?!?!?

Well another lovely Bank Holiday on the cards but it isn't looking very promising if the weather this morning is anything to go by.  It is throwing it down here this morning!!

I have another "happy couple" getting married tomorrow but the forecast isn't looking brilliant for them.  So very different to the couple who got married last weekend.  Their weather was glorious and they emailed me over some wonderful pictures of their happy day before they headed off on their honeymoon.  They looked "a very happy couple" indeed!  Ahhh!!

Anyway, here is the card I should have posted yesterday if the time thief hadn't paid me a visit:




This used:

Image: Penny Black "4215K" On Guard
Sentiment:  Computer generated using font "Good Dog Plain"
Backing Papers:  Docrafts Forever Friends "Best of British"
Martha Stewart Punch:  Embossed Zig-Zag (not that you can see much of it LOL!!)
ProMarkers
Diamond Stickles
Buttons from My Stash Box

and that is it!

I hope everyone has a great day ahead of a good "long weekend".

Love

27 comments:

Sue said...

Gorgeous card Jules. I love that image, the perfect papers and sentiment to go with it and fabulous buttons too.
I hope you have a good weekend. Fingers crossed the weather isn't too bad.
hugs Sue xx

Carole Z said...

Oh goodness Jules, as a lover and keeper of pet hens, I just have to get this stamp!!! I love it and I love the card you have created with it...brilliant!! Hugs Carole Z X

Marie-Louise said...

This is brilliant Jules. I love it.

sally said...

Great image Jules & the buttons are so perfect for the card! Have a good w/e & fingers crossed for some sunshine :-)

Sally

Stamps and Paper said...

Lovely fun card Jules...love the chickens....have a great weekend

Anne

Jacee said...

What a great card Jules, love the sentiment.
Hugs Jacee

Doreen said...

This is fabulous Jules,a gorgeous image and papers.xxx

Viv said...

Fab card Jules! x

Patricia said...

Good afternoon Jules,
Once again another stunning creation, I just LOVE it.
Have a great weekend, hope the weather does not spoil it.
Hugs

Patricia xx

Kathleen said...

Alice and Christopher Robin have certainly changed.
Love this, great card.

Kath x

Carole said...

My friend would love that one with the chickens on xx

Lorraine said...

A brilliant card Jules. The image and design look fab.
Have a lovely weekend
Lorraine x

Sally H said...

A brilliant card, Jules! What a fabulous stamp, and matched with perfect papers! Thanks for your lovely comment on my blog. I have been working all day and marking SATs papers every night this week, so Blogland has been off limits! Hope you and Hubby are well. Megs is mid way through her AS levels, but we are all looking forward to the bank holiday weekend

MaryH said...

Hi Jules, sorry to be late in visiting. This is the most delightful international PB image. I absolutely love the whimsy chicken with the palace guard. Love all the heritage printed papers, so colorful & patriotic. Had to hunt a bit for the white heart, but after enlarging I spotted it. Really cute card, with a very happy image. TFS & Hugs

Donna Mosley said...

Great card Jules, love the image and fab design.

Donna x

Brenda said...

That same thief keeps coming and stealing my time too Jules. lol We need to trap him!!! Love,love this card! I love how you used paper from your country, the sentiment and the cute image of the guard standing guard with the chickens. lol Too cute!! I hope you are having better weather today and that the wedding couple wasn't rained on to much! Hugs, Brenda

Carole Z said...

Hi Jules, I left a comment yesterday but realised that it's not here, so I'm trying again...I love this..of course I do there are chickens on it! I love the card though and papers you've used. When I tried to comment before I did say that I need this stamp in my collection...I hunted and saw it has been discontinued but am pleased to say I managed to find it on a US site and it's on its way! Hugs Carole Z X

MagsB said...

What a terrific, fun image! And how beautifully your papers go with it, too!

love Mags B x

mags said...

A super card Jules. Love the image and design.
Mags
x

Juls said...

this is really fun!!! Hugs Juls

Grenouille Greetings said...

Super cute! A Lovely card! hugs, Lesley

Grenouille Greetings said...

Super cute! A Lovely card! hugs, Lesley

scrappymo! said...

Fabulous card and didn't find the perfect papers to go with! The buttons are such a great finishing touch!

XxJULESxX said...

Another gorgeous card Jules fab image and love the buttons!

karen paulmonkey said...

great card but wheres the heart?ive looked and looked...

karen paulmonkey said...

great card but wheres the heart?ive looked and looked...

karen paulmonkey said...

great card but wheres the heart?ive looked and looked...