My photo
A very warm welcome to my teeny, tiny part of the huge world of blogging. This is where I share my passion for making hand made greeting cards. So - why "Always with a Heart"? Well this is for two reasons. Firstly, it is because every card I produce carries a heart on it somewhere. This can be big and bold or small and almost hidden - the fun sometimes is just trying to find it! Secondly it is because I put my heart into everything I produce. I hope that any visitors enjoy seeing what I post. If you drop by then please leave me a comment so that I know you called. It would be nice to know that you have found my heart in what I do.

Sunday 14 October 2012

SUNDAY SNIPPETS

Hi Everyone

Well what a wonderful weekend I have had .. .. just a few more hours left before my lovely family all disappear to different parts of the country :-( boo hoo!!

It has been brilliant to all be together again just like the good old days.  Our youngest slept over too on the sofa downstairs .. .. what a lovely feeling to have everyone here under one roof.  Aren't I soppy?!?!?!?  It doesn't take much to make me the happiest person on the planet!! 

It has felt like a little mini Christmas.

Last night we had a meal, along with my lovely Sis and her chappie .. .. we let the men folk go off to "the local" and sort out a Chinese takeaway whilst us "ladies" stayed at home and did a little photo shoot of my lovely Sister's wedding bags.  It was great fun.  If only you could see all the rubbish that was "out of shot".

Hopefully my Sis will be sending me over some of the pictures she took as my little project with the flowers I posted on Friday were part of the photo shoot  (up-date before I even finished the post .. .. the pictures weren't as good as my Sister would have liked so we might be back to square one there). 

In the meantime here is my snippet make for Pixie's Crafty Snippet Challenge .. .. one which I made this morning whilst everyone else in the House of Hearts was fast asleep.  




As always Sunday is super lazy in the card making department and I simply post what I have made without any ingredients .. .. but feel free to ask about anything other than the sentiment stamp.  This is part of a stamp set I bought at the NEC years ago and I have no idea who made it. All I have are the stamps and no packaging.  Sorry :-(

OK .. .. so now I am off again and we are going to catch up with the X-Factor results (behind time) and to make the most of all being together ahead of an early night along with a very early goodbye .. .. ..  at 3.00am!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Love

37 comments:

Lorraine said...

Gorgeous card, I love the Christmas trees and their sparkly stars. A fabulous design and colours too.
Glad you've had a lovely weekend with your family.
Lorraine x

scrappymo! said...

A lovely card made in those earlier stolen moments before the household awakes...Bliss!

susiestacey said...

Great snippet and sounds like you have had a wonderful weekend x Susan x

XxJULESxX said...

Gorgeous card as always i love the trees!, so glad you have had a lovely time with your family Jules.

Donna Mosley said...

A wonderful card Jules. Sounds like you've had a great time with the family.

Donna x

Nikbee said...

It sounds like you had a fab weekend. Your card is wonderful. I love the trees.
Nikki x

Lisa Jane said...

ooh this is so pretty add has a real crisp clean feel.
Glad you have had a great weekend
Lisa x

Jacqui's little piece of England said...

Glad you had a great weekend, love your card

jacqui x

mags said...

A lovely creation Jules. Glad you have had a good weekend.
Mags
x

Viv said...

Sounds like you've had a lovely weekend Jules! Fab christmas card too! x.

Sue said...

Oh Jules, it so nice to hear you talk with such fondness about your lovely family. I'm glad you had a good weekend
Your card is fabulous. I love those trees and the way you have done the snow in the foreground looks really effective.
Hugs Sue

Gibmiss said...

Hi jules
Fabulous xmas card..... Very mod.... Hope you are well ....
Hugs Sylvie xxx

Unknown said...

Jules congratulations on having such a fun time with your family. I'm an 'only child' and it's never bothered me but I do envy those who get on well with their peers. My two girls are like chalk and cheese but are still there for each other so that's something I guess.

Love the card too.
Cheers, Elaine

Beryl said...

No you're not soppy at all. Not long after I moved here all the family were under one roof for a while - 5 grandchildren all in the same room -something that doesn't happen very often - and it did me the world of good. Hope you don't get a bout of the empty next thingy tomorrow though.
Super card today - love the paper pieced trees.
Beryl xx

Cynthia said...

What a cute CUTE card! I love LOVE those trees and the snowbanks! WOW.

Sarn said...

Gorgeous paper piceing going on here Jules. FAB!

So pleased you had a lovely weekend with your family.

xxx

coops said...

so stunning and modern jules.i love the trees.so pleased you had a lovely family weekend ;D

xx coops xx

Tedz said...

Hi Jules, Another lovely card, I like the way you have done the "snow". I am glad you had a lovely weekend with your family - I am lucky, mine all live within a 5 minute walk. Pauline xx

Marjorie said...

Fabulous card Jules, It's great to have all the family together, so glad you had a lovely week-end:)
Hugs,
Marjorie
xx

Di said...

I adore this card Jules (but have never seen one from you that isn't just right anyhow!). A lovely contemporary Christmas card - and also made when you'd been in the throes of so much family fun too. Not that's Snippets dedication!!

Love, Di xx ....and Sam is every bit as daft, and lovely, in the flesh as in the Playground :) She brought paint charts for the tree house and Piglet plasters to replenish the First Aid box!!

Roma said...

Wow these cards are so cool Jules love them ,loving the trees they are fabulous x

Sue B said...

Aww sounds like you had a wonderful weekend Jules… there is nothing like the feeling of having all your family together!! :-))
your card is so beautiful… I love the pretty trees and the gorgeous papers and stitching… it's a fab design!
Hope you have a nice Monday!
Big Hugs
Sue xxx

Irene said...

Gorgeous card Jules, the trees and snor banks are brilliant.
luv
irene
xxxx

Grenouille Greetings said...

Lovely card, Jules! Hugs, Lesley

The Crafty Blonde said...

Love this looks so retro and funky. Fab colours and papers xx

Carol said...

Fabulous snippet make Jules, love the trees. Pleased you've enjoyed some family time, sounds like it was fun. Carol x

Elizabeth said...

Lovely card - the Christmas trees are fab - non-traditional too. Glad to hear that your weekend was such fun for you though such a shame that the photos of the bags didn't work out so well ... good excuse to get together with your sister again soon :) Hugs, Elizabeth xx

Sally said...

Hi Jules, sorry it's been a while but I had a bit of a blog break to concetrate on other stuff. Love all your recent makes especially the teddy bo card for your son & you personalised it too! Glad to hear your family came to stay & you all had a wonderful weekend. I can't remember the last time that all my family was under the same roof, how sad. Have a great week & don't work too hard.
Sally x

Nannieflash said...

Hi Jules that is just stunning, I love the simpleness of your card, and that image is just fabulous. Im hoping to have my girls altogether for my birthday this year, but as my grandson is due to be away I dont think its quite all of my family but Im keeping my fingers crossed. hugs Shirleyxxxxx

Doreen said...

This is just gorgeous Jules,love the trees....great design.xxx

Anonymous said...

Beautiful Christmas cards Jules! I too have been getting into the festive spirit, cardmaking that is, not the other 'spirits' lol!!!

rosie said...

gorgeous card Jules. love the layout. I have these images and you have given me some much needed inspiration to use them x

Anonymous said...

Stunning design Jules! Love the mix of papers and your fab stitching.
xx

Brenda B said...

Oh Jules this is just beautiful. I love the non traditional whimsy!! Looks wonderful with the paper piecing and those little hills and the glitter, perfect sentiment too.

Hugs
Brenda

Anonymous said...

A very cool Christmas card Jules and glad you had a lovely weekend!
Helen x

MaryH said...

After I quickly spotted the heart, I admired your quirky trees. So neat. Great job and hard to believe it was a 'fast one'...didn't look like it! So happy for you that you had all your family to enjoy over the weekend. Those are the bestest of times. TFS a card make while you had so much more lovely things to enjoy. Hugs

Juls said...

Love the funky trees!! They are fabulous!! Hugs Juls