My photo
A very warm welcome to my teeny, tiny part of the huge world of blogging. This is where I share my passion for making hand made greeting cards. So - why "Always with a Heart"? Well this is for two reasons. Firstly, it is because every card I produce carries a heart on it somewhere. This can be big and bold or small and almost hidden - the fun sometimes is just trying to find it! Secondly it is because I put my heart into everything I produce. I hope that any visitors enjoy seeing what I post. If you drop by then please leave me a comment so that I know you called. It would be nice to know that you have found my heart in what I do.

Wednesday 9 May 2012

A SPECIAL BIRTHDAY

Hi Everyone

Well after bragging about the lovely weather here yesterday .. .. it has been rubbish today.  Serves me right!!  In fact it is raining so much at the moment that it looks foggy!!

We are off out tonight to deliver a bouquet of flowers and a card to a special lady.  It is my hubby's "pretend Auntie" who was his late Mum's friend since childhood and they lived at opposite ends of the same street for many, many years.

I wanted to make a special card for her .... but didn't want it to look old because even though she is going to be 90 she certainly isn't old.  I do hope that if I am lucky enough to live this long that I fare as well as she has.

In the past she enjoyed sewing and went for lessons at the local college for years so hopefully she will appreciate what I have made for her.





This used:

Image, Cotton Reels and Backing Paper:  Pink Petticoat
Sentiment:  "90 Years Young" was computer generated and printed directly onto my backing paper
Sentiment:  "You're Sew Special" came alongside the Pink Petticoat image.
Nestabilities:  Classic Circle and Scalloped Circle
Woodware Punches:  Daisy
Nellie Snellen Punch:  Frond
Tape Measure:  there are stamps available for these but I simply put my tape measure into my flatbed copier .. .. not tried this before and quite like the look!!  I wonder what else I can put in LOL!!
My Trust Sewing Machine
ProMarkers
Ribbon, brads, pearls, embroidery thread and charm from the Stash Box

So that is my share for today .. .. I now need to go and get the insert inside and the flowers ready for dropping off.

Have a good evening everyone.

Love

47 comments:

susiestacey said...

Hi Jules, great card, the lady will love it. Like the idea of copying your tape measure - note to self use copier more x Enjoy your evening x Susan x

Debs M said...

gorgeous, im sure she will love it x

Lynne said...

This is fabulous Jules. I`m sure " Auntie" will be over the moon.
Lynne xxx

Dotty Jo said...

And what a gorgeous card you've created for her Jules. I couldn't find the heart until I noticed the charm! Weather has been pants here too, hopefully better tomorrow, Jo x
BTW, I'm running the Race for Life in a few weeks time and am looking for people to sponsor me £1. Anyone kind enough to do so goes into a draw for a £25 crafting gift voucher - just think of all the heart-shaped goodies that would buy! X

Viv said...

She'll love this Jules! Great card - and as long as you don't put onto your copier what people at office parties put on the photocopier I'm sure we'll all be relieved!!!.

Andria said...

Awww Jules it's absolutely beautiful. Totally stunning I'm sure she loved it :)x.

Linby said...

This is gorgeous. How wonderful to have reached 90.
Linbyx

mags said...

This is lovely Jules. Gorgeous image and I am sure she will love it.
Mags
x

Catherine said...

This is gorgeous, love that image and the tape measure...

Debbie said...

I absolutely adore this card Jules.Love the image, the paper and the embellishments are so gorgeous.Great idea photocopying the tape measure.She will be over the moon with your card.Putting 90 years young just finishes it off beautifully.Did you get your ironing done. I did exactly the same thing as you and washed and washed now the pile is a mound.Love Debbie x

Anonymous said...

So beautiful Jules and a really special card. I'm sure Dave's 'pretend' Aunty will love it.

I have a pretend Aunty May who's about 92 now. She was a friend of my Nan's. She's amazing!

Weather here is awful too - is it really the month of May?!
xx

amanda stokes said...

Hi Jules,
This is gorgeous,love everything about it and i'm sure your hubby's "aunty" will too :) x

Elizabeth said...

Hi Jules, another beautiful card and the 'auntie' will enjoy it, I'm sure. Genius idea to scan your tape-measure ... I had thought about cutting up one of my many tape measures but scanning sounds a much better option. Have a lovely evening. Elizabeth x

coldwaters2 said...

Hi Jules the weather has been the same here today with lots of rain again yet yesterday was so lovely and warm. I think this is perfect for the 'young' lady the theme and design is brilliant and perfect for a sewer, I love the added tape measure and cotton wool reels, super card she will love I am sure.
hugs
Lorraine x

Lorraine said...

Brilliant card Jules. I love sewing and this reminds me of my first Singer machine! Love the colours and all the embellies too!
Lorraine x

Doreen said...

This is such a lovely card,love the image and layout.I am sure it will be well received.xxx

Crafting Queen said...

Lovely card, love the image and the stitched detail. I am sure she will love it. :)

Carol said...

Beautiful card Jules, I'm sure she'll appreciate it. Carol x

Cynthia said...

Absolutely love this card, Jules!!!! The colors are perfect and I LOVE the "copied" tape measure! What a cool idea!!!

M said...

This is FAB! M x

G Peplow said...

HI Jules, your card is wonderful, I think it's going to be treasured, all that stitching, clever you!! Gay xxx

Anne said...

Gorgeous, young at heart card Jules. I'm sure it will be much appreciated. Hugs x

Sally said...

A great card Jules & I'm certain the lady will love the sewing theme. What a brilliant idea to photo copy your tape measure & it does look very effective.
Sally x

...the yorkshire fox... said...

...she'll be delighted Jules at the thoughtfulness of incorpourating her past into her present, tis a smashing card you've done & some pretty nifty stitchwork yourself!...Mel :)

Anonymous said...

A brilliant card, I bet she loves it!
Helen x

XxJULESxX said...

Hi Jules oh i do love this card! totally gorgeous! thanks for the inspiration!

Beryl said...

Oh how could she not love this - it's gorgeous. How wonderful to reach such an age.
It was foggy/misty with rain here this afternoon too. Chucking it down still I think.
Beryl xx

Jenny said...

Your card is delightful Jules... I particularly love the tape measure border and that fun sentiment...why should it be old!!
As for the weather we've been in a cloud today but tomorrow looks so much worse!
Jenny x

Janette said...

Beautiful card Jules, luv the tape measure, it looks like you have used a real one. Janette x

Anonymous said...

this is so gorgeous, I just adore it! perfection everywhere I look! the reels, the measuretape, wowser!!!

Rocked it!!!

jem (jane elizabeth middleton) said...

such a very special card, love the pretty pink and gorgeous details. What a grand lady hope she has a good birthday.
Sorry you've got the rain...join the club.
janex

coops said...

stunning card jules.the design is really fab and i love the image and pretty colours :D

xx coops xx

debby4000 said...

WOW Jules this is fabulous.
luv
Debby

Sarn said...

Beautiful card. I'm sure she'll LOVE it. xxx

rosie said...

wow Jules this is stunning. love the tape measure!! fab idea. great colours. gorgeous layout x

mckinkle said...

What a super card Jules, I love the sewing themes and this looks extra special!
Keryn x

Nikbee said...

A fabulous card, Jules. I love the button detail and the tape measure looks wonderful.
Nikki x

Nannieflash said...

Hi Jules wow thats stunning and the 90year old is going to love all the details youve put into it. hugs Shirleyxxxxxx

Maarit at Violets Corner said...

Oh, this is beautiful Jules, I'm sure she'll love it!

Warm hugs
Maarit

Grenouille Greetings said...

Hi Julies
I'm sure your hubby's honorary auntie will be delighted with this delightfully pretty make; just right for a seamstress! Enjoy! Hugs, Lesley

Paper Hearts Handmade Cards said...

oh its lovely Jules , she will love it K x

Hettie said...

Gorgeous card there Jules for Auntie. I am sure she will love it. xx

Tracy said...

Hi Jules
A really fabulous design, love your image and finishing touches.
Happy crafting
Tracy x

Amanda said...

What a perfect card for a perfect lady. Hugs, Amanda x

Di said...

Amazing card Jules - every detail is just right.Fresh and young at heart too. Love the idea of copying your tape measure, inspired! Wonder if a G & T would copy :)

Love, Di xx

Sue B said...

What a gorgeous card Jules! the image is really beautiful and I love the gingham paper and the fab tape measure and cotton reels. It's a really pretty card!
Love Sue xx

Unknown said...

Absolutely beautiful, so elegant, love this xxx