My photo
A very warm welcome to my teeny, tiny part of the huge world of blogging. This is where I share my passion for making hand made greeting cards. So - why "Always with a Heart"? Well this is for two reasons. Firstly, it is because every card I produce carries a heart on it somewhere. This can be big and bold or small and almost hidden - the fun sometimes is just trying to find it! Secondly it is because I put my heart into everything I produce. I hope that any visitors enjoy seeing what I post. If you drop by then please leave me a comment so that I know you called. It would be nice to know that you have found my heart in what I do.

Monday 28 November 2011

HAPPY HANDY HIPPO DAY - WEEK 13

Good Morning Everyone

Happy Handy Hippo Monday to you .. .. I hope your weekend was good!

Christmas is looming ever and ever closer and if you are anything like me Christmas card production is having to become simpler and quicker as time just disappears amidst all the other preparations that are needed in the run up to Christmas.

So I thought that today I would share with you one of the quickest Christmas cards I have made yet this year.





All this took was as bit of matting and layering and a bit of "tickling" with a glue pen and some glitter!  Simples!!!!

Below you can find the Handy Hippo magic button .. .. and if you click on it you can see all the lovely goodies I used to make this little creation. Everything I have used has been automatically added to a shopping basket and as always you can remove anything you do not need (or add anything else you can't resist).

There were actually three stamps in this little stamp set.  The gorgeous Christmas tree, the cool sentiment and then a little present too.

I thought I would show you another way of using your glitter along with the little present stamp .. .. this time to make a little gift tag to go alongside the Christmas card.

I made a little opening gift tag from some
scrap card and added a line of
Ultra High Adhesion Tape

Pull the plastic coating off the adhesive tape
and sprinkle your glitter over the sticky line
that remains

Press the glitter firmly onto the tape
with your fingers.

Knock all the spare glitter off your work
onto some scrap paper so you can return the
glitter to its storage tub.

I also used my
Quickie Glue Pen
for adding the glitter to the heart
and the present .. .. .. as well as the tree
on my main project.

So here are my two projects side by side .. .. all ready for someone to receive a matching card and gift tag on their present at Christmas.


I feel sure people must by now be a bit fed up of seeing Christmas projects so next week it is going to be "one for the boys" .. .. .. just for a change.

Have a really good week!

Love



and all the lovely friendly people at Handy Hippo

35 comments:

Tip Top said...

OOOhh! Thats fab!

Beryl K said...

Fabulous card, I love that stamp - maybe have to have a little spend lol
Beryl x

Roma said...

Wow !Jules these cards are just gorgeous i love the stamps & the colours x

Sarn said...

Absolutely GORGEOUS . . . love black and turqouise together. xxx

Anonymous said...

Beautiful cards hunny so sparkly! you could add your card to Totally Gorjuss this week our challenge is Sparkle challenge, hugs Samantha :0)

Doreen said...

Two glorious creations Jules....love the stamps.xxx

Di said...

Totally brilliant - love the colours and stamps you've used! Neat trick with the glitter too :) Di xx

Cynthia said...

Love that tree! Just gorgeous. And the colors are beautiful!

Viv said...

Jules this is a simply stunning card - the turqoise blue looks fab with the black. Have a good day. x

Debs M said...

these are lovely, gorgeous stamps and so elegant x

Sally said...

What a smashing little set Jules & I do like those stamps. You've chosen a lovely colour combo, it's very striking & I love the CAS look. Thanx also for the mini tut.
Sally x

Anonymous said...

These are two very beautiful Christmas cards, love the I also love how you have done the glitter strip,...brilliant! xx

Marie-Louise said...

Lovely elegant card.

Louise said...

You always make such gorgeous cards very elegant
Hugs louise xx

Nannieflash said...

Oh Jules they are both stunning I love how youve done the tree its so beautiful. hugs Shirleyxxx

Jacee said...

Fabulous Jules, very classy, love it.
Hugs Jacee

Gillian R said...

Hi Jules. Thanks for the message, back to full health now so trying to catch up on my blog hopping. Another great card. Love the blue accents to the tree. X

Irene said...

Hello Jules,

Fabulous card and tag, with gorgeous rich colours.

luv
irene
xxxx

Vicky said...

Super gorgeous Jules....and loving the colours too hun..

big hugs Vicky xx

Lindsay Craftymonster81 said...

These are both stunning elegant cards, love the colour and the style
Lindsay xx

Nikbee said...

A fab set. I love the tree stamp.
Nikki x

Wendy said...

Beautiful cards Jules, love the tree image and colours.
Wendy xx

Debbie said...

Wow Jules, you're inspiring me now to get cracking on some cards.Shame it's night time.Love the style of them both.The heart finishes it beautifully as usual.I'm a sucker for glitter.Great snippets yesterday too.Love Debbie x

coops said...

these are so stunning and stylish jules.i love the christmas tree and great icy blue colour ;D

xx coops xx

Louise said...

Ooo super card and tag project Jules - love the classy colours! x

Anonymous said...

gorgeous card I just love the blue tints you added really lifts the card!

Donna Mosley said...

Stunning cards Jules, love the design and gorgeous colours. I will be starting mine earlier next year, maybe about July lol!

Donna x

Wishcraft said...

Absolutely gorgeous Jules! Love the stamps you've used and great colours, such pretty glitter :o) Lisa x

rosie said...

absolutely gorgeous. looks like you have spent hours and hours on these. fab, professional, elegant and gorgeous!!!!

Sue B said...

Wow! this is gorgeous Jules! Love the tree with the little blue flowers! Gorgeous colour combo and the embellishments are perfect - really classy and beautiful card!
Hope you have a good week!
Hugs Sue xx

Jenny said...

It may be speedy but it's still fabulous Jules, the blue and black look very classy together too :)
Jenny x

Unknown said...

Wow Jules, these are fabulous.. love the white space.. and what a fantastic idea for the glitter! Love it, thanks for sharing xxx

MagsB said...

Very elegant! I love the blue glitter, such a pretty colour!

love MagsB x

Anonymous said...

Stunning makes Jules; just perfect!
xx

Juls said...

these are utterly gorgeous and beautifully elegant! Hugs Juls