My photo
A very warm welcome to my teeny, tiny part of the huge world of blogging. This is where I share my passion for making hand made greeting cards. So - why "Always with a Heart"? Well this is for two reasons. Firstly, it is because every card I produce carries a heart on it somewhere. This can be big and bold or small and almost hidden - the fun sometimes is just trying to find it! Secondly it is because I put my heart into everything I produce. I hope that any visitors enjoy seeing what I post. If you drop by then please leave me a comment so that I know you called. It would be nice to know that you have found my heart in what I do.

Saturday 4 September 2010

A WEDDING CARD

Good Morning Everyone

Well my lovely visitors arrived safely yesterday and the stamps and promarkers are slowly starting to take over the dining room table. My lovely Daughter in Law and I plan to hibernate at the table for most of the day "colouring in" and discussing all things crafty!!

The men "have things to do" too - so hopefully they will just get on with them and we will be allowed to just please ourselves for the majority of the day.

At the moment everyone is still in bed - exhausted from their journey and late night .. .. .. so I have crept downstairs to clear away all the "kitchen mess" and have a quick blog session.

I promised to share with you a wedding card I made for my Son to give to his friends who are getting married today.

My Son went to school with the bride .. .. she is the twin sister of his best friend from school days .. .. .. and the groom is a good friend through their mutual love of music. (Watch this space folks .. .. .. they are soon to be releasing a single and an album and I am hoping to be clever and be able to link you to it on ITunes).

I had been working on some wedding stationery samples for a possible client and my Son saw one that he particularly liked and asked if I could turn it into a wedding card for him. I always love it when he likes something I have done .. .. it always means so much more to me when he approves because he trained in art and design and is so mega talented.

So .. .. here it is


and close up

This used:

Backing papers: Pink Petticoat (printed onto ivory card)
Sentiment: Computer Generated
Martha Stewart Punch: Classic Scallops
Nestabilities: Large Deckled Rectangles and Classic Heart
Josy Rose: Gems
Ribbon from the stash box

and that is it. Nothing more than that.

So it is Happy Wedding Day Liz and Marcus .. .. I hope you have a beautiful day and a beautiful life together as man and wife. The weather doesn't look too bad at the moment .. Mr Sunshine is trying to make an appearance.

Back tomorrow with my Mum's 80th birthday card .. ..

Off now for a quick blog hop before everyone arrives downstairs. If I don't get as far as your blog it isn't because I don't want to .. .. and I will make amends later I promise.

Happy weekend everyone.

Thanks for calling by.

Love Jules xx

21 comments:

Doreen said...

This is really beautiful Jules,I love the colours it is a very classy card.Have a good day with your daughter in law and I look forward to tomorrows card.

The sun is shining here this morning looks like it is going to be a good day.xxx

G Peplow said...

Pretty card,love the sophisticated black and ivory, perfect. Lucky you spending the day crafting with your Daughter-in-law, have lots of fun:D xx

Lizzy said...

Hi Jules! stunning card hun...luv the colours, everything looks so lush...I luv it! and so will the bride n groom.

Have a fabby crafting day with your friends ...hope the weather stays nice for the wedding too xx Lizzy xx :)

Lynne K said...

What a beautiful card, Jules! Your mega-talented son obviously gets his skills from his mega-talented mum. Hope you have a lovely day crafting with your DIL. xx

Shell Shearer Swinscoe said...

Oh hunnie that is just beautiful I just love it, those colours are just scrummy
Hugs shell xx
ps enjoy your weekend babe xx

Nikbee said...

This is such an elegant card Jules. I love the backing paper.

Nikki x

♥Gemma♥ said...

Hi Jules,
wow its a stunning card, love the layout and the colours you have used and im sure the bride and groom will love it too!
Have a good colouring session with your daugther in law.
hugs and xxx

Little K Smith said...

Hi Jules
Gorgeous elegant card, love the paper and lush ribbon, classy colours too!
Hope you have a great crafty day!
Kelly.x

Nannieflash said...

Hi Jules I so agree thats one stunning card and such a lovely design. Have a wonderful weekend playing, with love and hugs Shirleyxxxx

Steph said...

Such an elegant card, Jules. great paper and I love your use of punches. Simple but classically beautiful! x

coops said...

stunning card jules.its really classy and elegant.i love the colours.
enjoy your weekend :)

xx coops xx

CraftyC said...

Its beautiful Jules. Very elegant!
Clairex

Juls said...

absolutley stunning! so gorgeous and stylish! Hugs Juls

Netty said...

Totally perfect card. Have a great time.
Annette x

lisa said...

It sounds like you are having a perfect weekend Jules. How wonderful to have crafting company. Your Wedding card is gorgeous, really classy. I'm sure your Son was delighted with it.
Enjoy!!
Hugs Lisax

Kerry said...

Great card Jules. I just love the design/layout. Love Kerry xxx

Anonymous said...

Lovely card Jules, so pretty!!!

Sally H said...

Fab card! So elegant and beautiful! Have a great weekend!

Jennifer said...

Oh wow! Another stunning and very elegant creation Jules xx Jenny xx

Andria said...

What a totally stunning Wedding card, would be gorgeous as stationery too. Beautiful colours and design.

Delphine said...

Oh Jules, what an amazing card! So elegant... I love everything about it! Hugs Delphine xx