My photo
A very warm welcome to my teeny, tiny part of the huge world of blogging. This is where I share my passion for making hand made greeting cards. So - why "Always with a Heart"? Well this is for two reasons. Firstly, it is because every card I produce carries a heart on it somewhere. This can be big and bold or small and almost hidden - the fun sometimes is just trying to find it! Secondly it is because I put my heart into everything I produce. I hope that any visitors enjoy seeing what I post. If you drop by then please leave me a comment so that I know you called. It would be nice to know that you have found my heart in what I do.

Wednesday 30 June 2010

ONE TO USE THE BITS UP

Good Morning Everyone

I hope you are all well.

My computer saga continues. Thankfully the place we purchased it from have said that they will either pay for my laptop to be repaired or if this is not possible they will replace it. That is really good news .. .. .. the bad news is that I am having to take everything off my laptop before it goes away to be looked at as the chances are it is going to need a new hard-drive. I am getting there slowly but am having to divide my time between laptop content rescue work and completing my card orders.

Sadly I could not share the orders I did yesterday but I can share this little make I did this morning. An idea has kept running round my head for a few days and I just had to get it made so that I could stop thinking about it LOL!!

It is a great one for using up some of those scraps (of which I have a mountain LOL!!!)



This used:

Background card cut from Go Kreate Cutting Frame "151005"
Background papers: DCWV "Rose Tinted Christmas" Christmas Multi Stack
Sentiment: Woodware "FRCL009" Must Have Retro Words
Martha Stewart Punch: Daisy Edge Punch
Woodware Punches: Flowers x 3 sizes
Brads from the stash box

To make the background card I cut two pieces of card using the cutting frame and scored the card on the left. I then stuck the two pieces together to make my card blank. This in itself was made using scrap pieces and they don't even have to be the same colour!!

I also squared off the bottom edge slightly to help the finished card stand more firmly.

Loving this one and I can see them being quite popular at the Art Festival I am doing in a few months time. This will drastically reduce my scrap box!!! Yippee. I can see them all lined up in lots of bright funky colours.

Next I need to say a big "thank you" to all of those people who have offered me help and support in sorting out my computer problems .. .. .. blogland is such a friendly place with so many folks happy to help. If only the whole world was like this!! Thank you - I do appreciate you all.

The final person I need to thank is my smashing craft buddy "Shell".

Shell has given me the following award. Thank you for thinking of me Shell - you are so lovely.
Now this is called the "Your going places" award. I was a little surprised to receive this as I have been in slightly "bad books" with Shell's husband. (Perhaps he is sending me to Coventry LOL!!)

I told Shell about the half price DCWV paper stacks at Dunelm .. .. and it gave Shell's hubby a sharp pain in his wallet!! I have apologised (but I just know Shell is worth it and he doesn't mind really). If you get chance to pop over to Shell's blog then please do. She has some gorgeous creations on her blog.

I am now supposed to pass this award on to 10 other blog pals .. .. but as always I cannot choose. So if anyone visiting would like to accept this award with my love and thanks for visiting then feel free.

So that is me for now. Back to the orders and the laptop saga!!

I am hoping to catch up with my blog hopping tomorrow evening as I should have everything better under control by then.

Until then take care and thank you for visiting my little part of blogland.

Love Jules xx

12 comments:

craftimamma said...

Brilliant idea Jules and brilliant little card. As you say they are going to look great all lined up in a row and should go like hot cakes.

In a rush myself this morning. Off not to do my WOYWW post!

Hugs
Lesley Xx

Unknown said...

Absolutely stunning love the colours and the shape is great.
Christine x

Joey said...

hehehehe I am sure Shells Hubby may forgive you eventually!!! lol. Gorgeous card I absolutely love the shape and style very chic! Joey.x

Jacee said...

Love the card Jules, what a super shape, such a nice change, love the colours you've chosen too, hope the computer probs soon get sorted.

Nannieflash said...

Hi Jules, wow youve been a busy lady, and your card is fabulous love the simplicity of it and its beautifully coloured. With love and hugs Shirleyxxxx

Fleur said...

Hi Jules, a great card & the colours are a perfect combo.
Hugz Fleur xXx

Netty said...

Great way of using up those scraps, love the shape of the card as well. Annette x

Debs said...

Great card Jules - love the shape and a fab way to use up the mountains of scraps we all must keep lol!!
Hope computer probs are sorted soon.
Take care
Debs xx

Kerry said...

Lovely card Jules and it's a great/different shape to use for a card. Pink and black are great combo. Love Kerry xx

Anonymous said...

fabulous card, love the bold colors!

coops said...

oh fab card jules, what a really great shape and the striking colours are gorgeous.i love the layout and flowers.luv coops.xx

Steph said...

Oooh, love the shape!