My photo
A very warm welcome to my teeny, tiny part of the huge world of blogging. This is where I share my passion for making hand made greeting cards. So - why "Always with a Heart"? Well this is for two reasons. Firstly, it is because every card I produce carries a heart on it somewhere. This can be big and bold or small and almost hidden - the fun sometimes is just trying to find it! Secondly it is because I put my heart into everything I produce. I hope that any visitors enjoy seeing what I post. If you drop by then please leave me a comment so that I know you called. It would be nice to know that you have found my heart in what I do.

Monday 29 March 2010

NEW FUNKY HAND DOWNLOAD

Hi Everyone

Two celebrations today!

Number one celebration .. .. .. today is my wedding anniversary .. .. .. hubby and I have been married for a whole 35 years today !!! How about that? 35 years and still besotted with each other.

35 years ago today it was VERY cold and in the week running up to our wedding there had been lots of snow. Everyone said that we would have to play "spot the bride" on the photographs as I would disappear into the snowy background. Thankfully it all melted and the slush disappeared the day before!

35 years means it is our "Coral" anniversary. But unfortunately there will be no heading off to the Coral Reef for us .. .. just to the dining room table for a romantic dinner for two!!

We have always celebrated our anniversary at home with our "romantic dinner for two" (apart from our Silver Anniversary) and in the "good old days" when the children were still at home they never enjoyed our wedding anniversary. For this was the one night of the year that they didn't eat with us. They had to eat early and then be banished to their bedroom.

It never went down well with them and the eldest always used to say how it wasn't nice to be in bed and be able to smell all the lovely food smells wafting up the stairs.. .. .. shame!! But it was only one night a year.. .. .. and I did feed them first .. .. I hadn't sent them to bed hungry!!

So this morning I have had to clear the table of all my crafty deliciousness (and the floor and the chairs and just about any work surface available) and tidy up in readiness for getting the candles and flowers spread about the place.

But now I need to tidy my craft room because everything is dumped in there. Oh dear !!!!

So now on to celebration number two.

Anice has worked her magic over at Funky Hand and produced a new Wordbook Download called "Retro Fun".

Here is one of the creations I produced using the download. (I bet you recognise it Helen as I worked on this when we had our lovely crafty weekend).

A little bit different for me - but I love it and think the colours and papers are just so gorgeous.

So what did my creations use:

Funky Hand "Retro Fun" download
Martha Stewart punch: Embossed Zig Zag
Nestabilities Circle Die
My trusty heart punch
An old ink pad for inking the edges
Two brads

Right then, back to it. More preparations and tidying needed and I really must get some crafting done too.

Love Jules xx

21 comments:

Juls said...

Firstly HUGE congrats on your wedding anniversary!! Hope you have a lovely evening!!

secondly your card is just GORGEOUS!!!!! Love those fab funky flowers!!! Hugs Juls

Debs said...

Hi Jules
Happy Anniversary - here's to the next 35 years!
Fab flowers and the papers looklush.
Take care
Debs xx

Shell Shearer Swinscoe said...

WOW!!!! congrats to you both 35 years that is something to be proud of hun....
huge hugs for you both xx

love your card its totally different from your normal cards, but I love it the colours are great

hugs shell xx enjoy your meal tonight xx

mckinkle said...

Many Congratulations to you and your hubby Jules! Such a fab celebration for you both!
Enjoy!

Keryn x

chris said...

Good Afternoon Jules
wow 35 years that's something to celebrate these days. Congratulations to you both.
I love your card its great,the colours are fab.
have a lovely meal tonight hope you dont get any interuptions!!
hugs chris xx

Loopylou. said...

ooh jules that is so pretty, i might have to treat myself to the new download!!!! and wow 35 years!! big congratulations xxxxx

Helen said...

Happy Wedding Anniversary I still like your card I am glad you have not gone of this on as you spent a long time on it.

craftimamma said...

Great card Jules and 'retro' is the perfect description for it.

Many congratulations on your Wedding Anniversary (I'm beating you by 2 and a half years). You didn't tell us what your meal will consist of and I wanted to drool, Lol! Have a lovely evening.

Hugs
Lesley Xx

Anonymous said...

great fun card, and congrats on 35 wonderful years, heres to the next 35!

pinky said...

Happy Anniversary, your card is just stunning!
Pinky

Little K Smith said...

Hi Jules
Happy Anniversary to you both, wishing you many more years of happiness together.
And love this fab funky card, the flowers are so groovy.
Kelly.x

Allison said...

happy anniversary and lovely card, the papers look great
AllisonX

Sally H said...

Congratulations on your wedding anniversary! Hope you have a lovely meal. Your card is lovely - very funky!

Fleur said...

Hi Jules CONGRATULATIONS to you both, you sound so happy, it's lovely.
Lovely card, I love your flowers
Hugz Fleur xXx

Kathy said...

That card is great Jules. The download is really fab, isn't it?

lisa said...

Many Many Congratulations on your Wedding Anniversary, Jules. 35 years is brilliant. I hope you enjoyed your meal. It sounds very romantic.
Love the card too, those flowers are fab.

Lisax

Jacee said...

Love the card Jules, very trendy.
And Happy Anniversary, although it's a late greeting, it sounds like you celebrated it in your usual style, thats great, just what we do. 35 years, wonderful, Congratulations and my best wishes to you both.
Hugs Jacee

Anonymous said...

Great card and happy Anniversary!

Nannieflash said...

Hi Jules, hope you have a wonderful day, Happy Anniversary to you both. I do love your card its gorgeous and those flowers are something else. With love and hugs Shirleyxxx

Beryl said...

Love these retro flowers. Great card.
Hope you have a lovely anniversary.
Hugs
Beryl xx

Craftycat said...

Hope you liked our card - was one of my new toys, and I was in such a rush to get it to you on time that I completely forgot to grab a phot, never mind, at least you got a flower back :)