My photo
A very warm welcome to my teeny, tiny part of the huge world of blogging. This is where I share my passion for making hand made greeting cards. So - why "Always with a Heart"? Well this is for two reasons. Firstly, it is because every card I produce carries a heart on it somewhere. This can be big and bold or small and almost hidden - the fun sometimes is just trying to find it! Secondly it is because I put my heart into everything I produce. I hope that any visitors enjoy seeing what I post. If you drop by then please leave me a comment so that I know you called. It would be nice to know that you have found my heart in what I do.

Tuesday 15 September 2009

PENNY BLACK CHALLENGE - WEEK 66

Hi Everyone

I am a little late with my Penny Black Challenge this week due to my super exciting weekend .. .. but better late than never.

This week the challenge is to work to a sketch.

This is what I created

and here is the sketch for working to

My card used

Image: Penny Black 1758E "Garden Buggy"
All Backing Papers: DCWV "Floral Prints"
Mulberry Street "Mini Delphiniums"
Nestablities: Classic Scalloped Circles Large and Standard Circles Large
Inkssentials "Glossy Accents" for the snail shell (but it isn't showing up too well in the photograph)
ProMarkers
Brads, Gems and ribbon from the Stash Box


I have started on the "clean up campaign" but it is a waste of time. As soon as I clean one part and move on to the next another layer of plaster dust has settled where I have already been .. .. .. so that is it. I'm not going to be doing much more until the bathroom is nearly finished.

We are at the stage of a lovely plastered room with a loo and no lights but hopefully the bath can be connected for tomorrow - though not in its proper place. Luxury .. .. a bath by candlelight!! Not long to wait now.

Have a good evening everyone and thank you for calling by. I am hoping to have good old blog hop catch up tonight .. .. yay!!!!

Love Jules xx

18 comments:

Juls said...

so gorgeous!! such a cute image! and I love the colours you have used!! Just stunning!!

Nicki said...

Adorable card Jules, I love the colours you've picked and those white blooms are lovely. Nicki, xx

Dena said...

Jules, oh this is so cute! I love the sketch you used with it. Very sweet card! Hugs, Dena

Shell Shearer Swinscoe said...

fab image hun....love the colours you have used...that backingpaper is gorgeous....

hugs shell xxx

Kath Stewart said...

beautiful card Jules...love the colour combo and that gorgeous striped paper....cute image too....and yes no point in try to clean until it's all finished...thanks for joining in the fun this week at PBSC....hugs kath xxxxx

Sally H said...

Lovely card! Hope you manage that bath by candle light soon!

Wendy said...

Awww this is really lovely
Wendy x

pinky said...

very pretty card Jules, love the papers, image and flowers, sure i just love everything about it. Good luck with the bath celebrations!
Pinky

Natalie said...

Gorgeous card Jules. x

gina g said...

Aww this is so sweet Jules love the image and the papers are fab. luv gina xx

Anonymous said...

Love the soft colours Jules and your image is adorable. Enjoy that bath !

Lisa said...

Hi Jules, Gorgeous card! Such pretty papers and sweet image. Sounds like you had a fun day with Brenda on Sunday.

Lisa x

PinksyDoodles said...

Super cute card Jules the colours are so pretty and I love the fresh white flowers. Hope you're bath is in today!
Clare xx

brenda said...

Morning Jules

Very very pretty, love green and lilac together and the image is of course adorable.

Bit if a shock earlier - there IS a grey in those new colours, nobody told me that beforhand.

We are reeling the hospipe in as seeems not now required. Bath by candelight - too much info !

B x

Beryl said...

This is amazing. It's the first time I've been able to get on your blog and I see this gorgeous card. I have just finished and posted a mauve and cream card myself. Not a combination I've used before so you must have been sending out vibes.
Beryl xx

Jacee said...

Ohhh do I love this or what!!! this is fabulous Jules, I love EVERYTHING about it, you clever girl!

jem (jane elizabeth middleton) said...

this cards so lovely, colours , image and perfect layout. I was searching for the heart and found it, flower center, so sweet. janex

Christine (All She Crafts) said...

Gorgeous! Love the subtle colours you used on the image.. wonderful!

Hugs,
Chris xx