My photo
A very warm welcome to my teeny, tiny part of the huge world of blogging. This is where I share my passion for making hand made greeting cards. So - why "Always with a Heart"? Well this is for two reasons. Firstly, it is because every card I produce carries a heart on it somewhere. This can be big and bold or small and almost hidden - the fun sometimes is just trying to find it! Secondly it is because I put my heart into everything I produce. I hope that any visitors enjoy seeing what I post. If you drop by then please leave me a comment so that I know you called. It would be nice to know that you have found my heart in what I do.

Thursday 10 September 2009

HAPPY BIRTHDAY STEVE - GET FUNKY CHALLENGE

Hi Everyone

Just thought I would share the birthday card I have made for my youngest son - Steve.

It is Steve's birthday tomorrow but it is ok to share. He doesn't have internet access where he has moved to so he won't get to see it here and spoil the surprise. As you can tell from his card he is "music mad" and this is his real passion in life. He is such a talented musician and I am really proud of him.

I am also going to enter this card into the Get Funky! Challenge. The challenge is to make a card for a boy and use Funky Hand design paper. Not a problem for me .. .. I love Funky Hand papers as you can probably tell from the number of times I use them on my blog .. .. .. and this is the DP I would have used anyway. Just perfect. I have used it so many times.

So here is my creation (you won't have any problem finding the heart - it needed to be a big heart to represent my big lurv for him and now I have embarrassed him I will move on LOL!!!)

This creation used:

Backing paper: Funky Hand download "Salt & Pepper"
Image and You Rock Sentiment: Inkadinkado "98693 "Rock Star/La Star"
Core'dinations "Black Magic" (put through the Cuttlebug and sanded with a nail file to show the blue background)
Son Sentiment: Woodware FRCL079 "Male Relatives"
Cuttlebug Embossing Folder "Allegro"
Cuttlebug Heart Die
Hot Fix Deco "Metal Studs"
Star Punch: Woodware


I have inked the Cuttlebug Folder prior to running blue card through and then used this card for cutting out the heart and stars.

So back to the Get Funky Challenge. This is well worth entering as there is a fantastic prize on offer of a £20 gift voucher to spend in the Funky Hand store. Lots of goodies - CD's and downloads (for those that can't wait for the postman LOL!!!).

You do need Funky Hand papers to take part - but don't worry if you don't have any. Anice has very kindly provided "free" papers that you can download and use. A challenge where you are well spoilt and with a whole month to enter. So .. .. .. what are you waiting for .. .. .. off you go!

Thanks for calling by.

Love Jules xx

26 comments:

brenda said...

Hi Jules,

Your card certainly does rock, Steve will love it and can I commission one for one of my sons as well please ?

Just want to make sure you have something to do, would hate to think of your twidling your fingers right now - as if.

B x

Lisa said...

Hi Jules, Wow fantastic card! Hope your son has a great birthday and I am sure he will love his card.

Just to let you know the parcel you sent me arrived today. Thank you! x

Lisa x

Anice said...

Thank you so much for joining in with this months Get Funky! Challenge. Your card is fab! I'm sure your son is going to love it..I certainly do.
Anice xx

Lythan said...

I love your card Jules. there are so many great details. I'm sure Steve will too

pinky said...

Wow, great card Jules, very manly yet still young and funky. He will love it I'm sure.
Pinky

Wendy said...

Great card Jules and Happy Birthday to Steve for tomorrow
Wendy x

Kath Stewart said...

wow this is fabulous jules...steve is going to love it..fab papers and love your guitar motif...thanks for joining in the fun with the Get Funky Gang this month....hugs kath xxxx

Sally H said...

Hi Jules,
I love this stamp set, and have used it quite a bit. Your card is a stunner! I am sure your son will love it!

Juls said...

very striking card!! fab!

Gro said...

You have really made a super cool birthdaycard for your son.
Happy birthday.

Natalie said...

This is a fabulous card Jules. x

Vicky said...

This is fab Jules, love it. So glad you joined in the fun at Get Funky. :)x

Victoria said...

Hi Jules

thanks for stopping by my blog and for your lovely comment too.

This card is fab, what a great idea and very different too. So much detail, I love it

Victoria
x

Unknown said...

Crackin Card Jules very funky

Love Dawn xx

and thanx for poppin to my blog and leaving a lovely comment xx

Tab said...

Oh I just love your sweet card, the colours and image are fabulous!
Have a fab weekend!
Hugs Tab xxx

Christine (All She Crafts) said...

Fantastic card, matey, and you'll never guess what? My baby brother's birthday was yesterday (10th), too, but he was 40. (He won't admit to that, but he was! lol) AND his name is Steve.
My sister and I chose his name.

Clearly, you have good taste.

;o)

Hugs,
Chris xx

Wishcraft said...

Fab card, I love all your embossing. I'm sure your son loved his card :o) Lisa x

Allison said...

wowweee, you used one of my favvy papers(have a thing bout skulls!!) and I loove those stamps too they are amongst my favvies too
Thanks for joining in with our second challenge and hope to see you next month too
AllisonX

Alysabeth said...

Awesome crad:o) Love the colour combo.

Carol said...

Very Cool! Hope Steve had a great day on Friday, and i bet he loved his card :)

Thanks for joining in with the Get Funky gang! see you again we hope :)

Hugs
Carol x

Donna said...

Fantastic card Jules, love the funku design and the fab colours :) Donna x

mrsk06 said...

Hi Jules i love the rock themed card it's so fresh and cool at the same time! Sal xx

mrsk06 said...

Hi Jules, Great card i love the rock theme yet is so bright and fresh i love it Sal xx

Tip Top said...

Wow! I do like this and such a great card!! Thanks for entering the Get Funky! Challenge – hope you can join us again next month! Get Funky!

Lorraine said...

Well done you on winning last months challenge at Get Funky... what a fabulous card you made... look forward to seeing what you create this month.

Hugs
Lorraine xxx

mrsk06 said...

Congratulations Jules for winning!! It is very well deserved, i can't believe i've been awarded 'Top 5 Funkette' blinkie, i'm looking forward to seeing your October entry. Take Care Sal xx