My photo
A very warm welcome to my teeny, tiny part of the huge world of blogging. This is where I share my passion for making hand made greeting cards. So - why "Always with a Heart"? Well this is for two reasons. Firstly, it is because every card I produce carries a heart on it somewhere. This can be big and bold or small and almost hidden - the fun sometimes is just trying to find it! Secondly it is because I put my heart into everything I produce. I hope that any visitors enjoy seeing what I post. If you drop by then please leave me a comment so that I know you called. It would be nice to know that you have found my heart in what I do.

Tuesday 1 September 2009

COPYCAT !!

Hi Everyone

I hope today went well for everyone. It is always difficult getting yourself going at full speed after a Bank Holiday isn't it?

I needed to nip into town for work at lunchtime and whilst there the heavens opened and there was a tremendous thunderstorm and downpour. I ran to take cover in a nearby craft shop (how convenient) and spied a card that I thought .. .. "I could do something like that!!"

So here I am .. .. .. being a copycat! Although my finished card now looks nothing like what I saw! LOL!!

This used:

Cuttlebug embossing folder "Swiss Dots"
Sentiment Docrafts
Silver Dollar Embossing Powder
Cuttlebug "Flower Die"
Martha Stewart punch "Frond"
Clip Punch CP008 "Butterfly"
Circa Punch "KPS16 "Funky Heart"
Gems, Ribbon, wire and thread from the stash box


Apart from the butterflies everything on this card is silver and white - although the silver isn't showing up too well. I am beginning notice that I am losing my natural daylight earlier and earlier .. .. boo hoo!!!

Thanks for calling by.

Love Jules xx

17 comments:

Juls said...

this is just gorgeous!! very elegant! Love the ribbon with the hearts on it and all the flower detail! fab!

pinky said...

Love this Jules, might have to COPY CAT it too lol. Silver mirri just doesn't like the camera though I know my cards show up great when I take them outside. Lovely idea.
Pinky

Sally H said...

Very pretty! I think I need that martha stewart punch!

Mel said...

this i lovely. Melx

craftimamma said...

Like Pinky I think I might have to copy cat as well only in different colours. We're going to a Golden Wedding celebration at the end of the month and I think this would look great in cream and gold.

It's a beautiful card, TFS.

Lesley Xx

lil-paper-pixie said...

Wow, I love it, I may have to case your case, LOL

Hugs

Sarah

Natalie said...

Such a classy card Jules, love it. x

brenda said...

Morning Jules

Very sophisticated and classy, love the soft colours.

Might need to do a spot of altered scaplifiting - another idea for those wedding invitation samples I am grappling with still.

B x

PinksyDoodles said...

Wow this is fabulous, Jules. I think there might be a few more copycats for this card (including me!).
I know what you mean about the decreasing daylight!
Clare x

Nannieflash said...

Hi Jules, thats so beautiful, I love a card thats simple but looks stunning and that one does for sure.
I dont know if you are still interested in the stamps I have you as the first offer, but Ive had someone else enquiring about them, can you get back to me. With love and hugs Shirleyxxxxx

Lisa said...

Hi Jules, Stunning card!

There is something for you on my blog.

Lisa x

Jacee said...

This is a gorgeous card Jules, very classy, just goes to show that you don't always need a stamped image etc to get a really fabby card, love it!!

Debs said...

Hiya Jules
This is gorgeous hun. Thanks for the kind wishes re: my back - been to chiropractor and things are much better. I have left a little something for you over on my blog.
TTFN
Debs xx

Dena said...

Jules, I love it! Your copy cat card turned out fabulous! ha ha! Loving those swiss dots for such a wonderful backdrop. Hugs, Dena

Linanna DESIGNS said...

Good morning Jules, this card is simply stunning i love the embossing detail. Beautiful! hugs Linda x

Kim Dellow said...

Lovely card Jules, love the flowers. Kim

Tammi said...

Elegant and lovely, wow! Very striking with those colors...love the flower border and the heart ribbon! xx