My photo
A very warm welcome to my teeny, tiny part of the huge world of blogging. This is where I share my passion for making hand made greeting cards. So - why "Always with a Heart"? Well this is for two reasons. Firstly, it is because every card I produce carries a heart on it somewhere. This can be big and bold or small and almost hidden - the fun sometimes is just trying to find it! Secondly it is because I put my heart into everything I produce. I hope that any visitors enjoy seeing what I post. If you drop by then please leave me a comment so that I know you called. It would be nice to know that you have found my heart in what I do.

Saturday 5 September 2009

ALLSORTS DT CARD - WEEK 17

Good morning everyone

Another Saturday and another Allsorts Challenge.

We had a record number of entries last week and thank you to everyone who played along. We really enjoyed visiting your blogs and seeing your creations.

This week it is the turn of Debs to set the challenge and she has chosen the theme "Something for the boys". Male cards are always more difficult .. .. .. but we know our Allsorts buddies love a good challenge so let's see what you can come up with.

Don't forget to look at the inspiration from my fellow DT mates. They have come up with some wonderful examples.

Here is my creation:

This used:

Image and sentiment: Rubbadubbado SNSDS-KN "Knight"
Backing Paper: DCWV "Wedding Prints Paper Stack"
Sizzix: 654526 "Latches"
Josy Rose Nail Heads

I also have a couple of awards to share. They have come from two of my Allsorts pals (thank you very muchy Lisa and Debs - I am so touched you thought of me)

My first is from Lisa

and my second is from Debs

If you have the opportunity please go and have a little peep at their blogs. There are some gorgeous creations to be seen and lots of inspiration to be had!

I hope everyone has a lovely weekend.

I am having a pancake making session later today (see my post below). If you would like to join in and guess how many pancakes will be made by the end of the day then please put your guess onto my post of yesterday - you might even win a little prize! I will let you know the grand amount tomorrow morning and announce the winner of my "little prize". Closing date for entries is today.

Thanks for calling by.

Love Jules xx

14 comments:

gina g said...

Fab card Jules great image's, and congrats on the awards. luv gina xx

Natalie said...

Great card Jules and Congratulations on your awards. x

Dena said...

Hey Jules! This is such a regal looking card. Those hinges look fabby on it! Have a super weekend! Hugs, Dena

Jacee said...

Lovely card Jules, very striking. congrats on the awards too, well deserved.

jem (jane elizabeth middleton) said...

great card Jules , no pro with boy/male cards for you, I like this challenge, but I'll do a cutie boy . Thanks for the congrats, I was due a win I enter enough challenges. janex

brenda said...

Evening Jules

As I write this you are no doubt tossing you 50th pancake of the evening.

I do like this card, very classy and the lathces add to the 'male' feel. I remember watching Wendy Rhodes demonstrate those stamps when they came out and thinking I 'need' them, needless to say I never got as far as buying them.

Enjoy the rest of the weekend.

B x

Maria Matter said...

This is fabulous!!! A great masculine card!!
Congrats on your awards too!
Blessings, Maria

Unknown said...

a brilliant man card, the hinges are perfect for this
love emma x

Sally H said...

What a stunning card! So classy too. hope you have a good time x

Alex said...

Cool card Jules! Love the black and white!
Hugs, Alex

Christine (All She Crafts) said...

Brilliant card! Perfect for the theme!

Hugs,
Chris xx

Lexxie said...

Hi Jules,
You know I have had this stamp set for years, and have never seen it used to such amazing effect. I really love your card, the stamps work so well with the background papers and I love the faux latches,
Fab work Jules,
Love Sarita xx

Gro said...

Hi Jules.
Just want to say that I realy like your card.

Juls said...

this is just so incredibly stunning!! I love it! the images are brilliant, such a striking card! sure any chap would feel very flattered to receive this stunning card! love it sooooooooooooo much!!