My photo
A very warm welcome to my teeny, tiny part of the huge world of blogging. This is where I share my passion for making hand made greeting cards. So - why "Always with a Heart"? Well this is for two reasons. Firstly, it is because every card I produce carries a heart on it somewhere. This can be big and bold or small and almost hidden - the fun sometimes is just trying to find it! Secondly it is because I put my heart into everything I produce. I hope that any visitors enjoy seeing what I post. If you drop by then please leave me a comment so that I know you called. It would be nice to know that you have found my heart in what I do.

Saturday 26 September 2009

ALLSORTS CHALLENGE - WEEK 20

Good morning everyone

Saturday again - which can only mean one thing .. .. .. another Allsorts Challenge. We are around to Week 20 already!!

Thank you to everyone who took part in last weeks challenge. We had lots of lovely creations to look at. If you took part in the challenge don't forget to go and check whether you were the lucky person who has won a month as a guest DT member.
This week the theme is "Autumn Days" and your creations need to be "inspired by Autumn".

Here is my creation

This used:

Backing papers and sentiment: Funky Hand CD "Funky Seasons"
Image: Whispers Stamp
Punches: Woodware "small label" and "medium circle"
Inkssential "Glossy Accents"
Flower, ribbon and brads from the stash box


This was quite a difficult card to photograph - I don't know why. My camera just didn't seem to like the colours - this is the best one I managed.

I used my circle punch to cut out a leaf from the backing paper and then added a thick layer of glossy accents to it and it has made a kind of dome embellishment. Quite like it!

Have a good weekend everyone.

Thanks for calling by.

Love Jules xx

23 comments:

Sally H said...

The camera might not be keen, but I love it!!! Those colours are so beautiful and rich. Really, Really Beautiful!

pinky said...

jules its a gorgeous card. Know what you mean about cameras. I took a photo of a pink card last night and it came out orange! Wonder would it do for autumn lol.
Pinky

Unknown said...

This is beautiful Jules - I love the colours

craftimamma said...

This is a lovely card Jules, and you're right, the little glossied leaf makes a smashing embellishment.

I really like the Autumn sentiment too.

Lesley Xx

Beryl said...

It's lovely and the dome idea is so clever. I also love the quote, the colours, the trees - well, the lot really.
Beryl xx

Nannieflash said...

Oh Wow Jules, that card is gorgeous, Ive been watching the trees changing shades in the Forest here, and youve got the colour to a T, well done with love and hugs Shirleyxxxxxxx

Natalie said...

Great Autumn card Jules. I love your leaf, it looks like a dome sticker. x

Jacee said...

Lovely Jules, what super autumn colours and a great idea.

Francien said...

For the first time dear Jules I cant find the heart??!!I must have bin blended with the colors...lol...its a lovely card!! i just love the colors...its great..you have made a supercard...again!!
greetings Francien.

Jules said...

Tee hee Francien - wish I was clever enough (or able to bluff good enough) to say I had blended the heart in - but the truth is I posted the wrong photograph!! LOL!! It would help if I used the one I put on the Allsorts Challenge blog.

Have swapped it now. Thank you for being my quality control consultant. Are you available on a regular basis?!?!?!?

Love Jules xx

Francien said...

LOL....you almost let be trow my new glasses away...looked at it over and over again..could not find it..and i always do ..untill now....but your card looks even more beautiful with the little tag..Thanks for letting me know dear!
greetings xx Francien.

Victoria said...

this is fab Jules - a real eye catcher, I thought you'd done something really complicated to make that sentimemnt when I saw it!

Love the black and white card too.

Thanks for having me for October - can't wait to get started

Victoria
x

Liza said...

Gorgeous card Jules, I adore the autumnal colours.

Liza x

Nilla said...

Beautiful card, so soft and lovely colors! Love it! Hugs Nilla

Jacee said...

Hi there Jules, I've left something on my blog for you.

Lexxie said...

So good to catch up with you Jules, so many lovely creations since my last visit.
I absolutely love your autumn card, Autumn is my fave time of year, I love the changing colours of the leaves and your card really has a fab autumnal look.
Fantastic layout, and all the embellishments are perfect,
Love Sarita xx

Linby said...

love this card - the colours are so fresh looking.
Linbyx

mueppi said...

This is a gorgeous card, Julues!
I love it!
Hugs Gisela

~JulieH~ said...

Beautiful autumn card Jules,Perfect colours. Beautifully done!
Hugs
Juliexx

Wendy said...

Stunning card Jules
Wendy x

having a {me} day said...

Gorgeous card. Lovely rich autumn colours, really nice. katxx

Christine (All She Crafts) said...

'Tis indeed a lovely embellishment.. works well.

Enjoy your holidays!

Hugs,
Chris xx

Zoechaos said...

Am only just managing to catch up with the challange and as so often love what you have done.